Blistering Barnacles!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Blue Velvet, May 15, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Spielberg & Jackson to produce/direct Tintin movies.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=cannes2007&jump=story&articleid=VR1117964927&cs=1

I've always thought that the supporting characters in Tintin were far more interesting than Tintin himself. He's a bit bland and a bit of a cipher; can he carry a three film series? Still, it sounds more intriguing than Spiderman 3.

Any Tintin fans keen to see these? Which books would make the best movies?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'd certainly agree hat the supporting characters tend to have more depth to them than the titular hero – mind, despite this they managed to publish nearly 30 books so there must be something about him! I don't see any reason though why the Tintin films couldn't be a success if they stay true to the original stories.

I read this story on the BBC website a little earlier, and my immediate thought was that I'd be very interested to see some images from the test reel they've made. As your link says...

Jackson said WETA will stay true to Remi's original designs in bringing the cast of Tintin to life, but that the characters won't look cartoonish.

"Instead," Jackson said, "we're making them look photorealistic; the fibers of their clothing, the pores of their skin and each individual hair. They look exactly like real people — but real Herge people!"

Interesting.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

4. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

5. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Sweet!

All of the movies have got to have Mister Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles and Calculus and Thomson and Thompson in them for me. For a guest appearance why not include Bianca Castafiore. :)

I would love to see "Destination Moon" or "The Calculus Affair.