Blizzard of Dec 2010?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Dec 26, 2010.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

We've got about a foot on the ground where I live in Connecticut right now and the wind is roaring outside. They're calling for as much as 20" with 50mph wind. I was planning on doing some donuts in a parking lot nearby before the snow got deeper than my front bumper, now I'm just sitting by the fireplace. Anyone else snowed in?

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

We, Baltimore, MD, were told 8 inches to a foot. Thus far the official tally is .5 inches. Tonite will bring a inch of less but that's all we've been hit by. Winds here are hitting 40+ tho

I've been told that further down south there has been havoc as they got more snow and the infrastructure to clear the snow is minimal as it rarely happens. Some counties only have 1 truck capable of clearing roads.

3. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    I saw a piece or two of hail at my house last week in so cal. Then the sun cam out and melted them like a champ! hahaha

But been talking to my friends back on the east coast (Boston and NJ) and they're all snowed in. Several feet already :eek:

4. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Here in Northern Virginia we dodged a bullet. Snowed for a good part of the day, but it was extremely light and there isn't any measurable snow in our area.

The driveway was dusted, but the winds blew it away.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

How clever....

I am shocked that the front range has had like no snow all year and has been nice out with temps in the mid 40s as of late

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Barely. The street my house is on is COMPLETELY clear.

The street behind my house (the..main road of our neighborhood), is lighty...very lightly dusted.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Was a pain in the ass to shovel, the wind was blowing eveything right back...into my face.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Didn't get it too bad here in upstate NY. It's been really windy all day, but we only got a few inches of snow, maybe 3 at the most. It's already over, and looks like it is going to warm up in the next few days to melt it all.

9. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Here in the UK we got the snow a few weeks ago. Most of it has melted now though.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

NYC got pounded by 2 feet of snow. We're still digging out and the snowplows never came through in the suburbs...:(

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Reminded me of the 1978 storm. We knew it was coming but when cars, buses and trucks are abandoned all over the place, there is nothing the snow plows can do.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The streets were pretty clear of cars and stuff in Rhode Island. Everyone made it home in time. I did see a RIPTA bus across part of the highway. There's a small island for one exit, and the right rear wheels where on the wrong side. :rolleyes:

I got lucky with my driveway, as the wind kept about half of it clear. There is a nice pile next of snow to my bedroom window. It started as about a 4 foot drift, and I put another 18 inches on it. It'll be an igloo when I get back. :cool: