Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
We've got about a foot on the ground where I live in Connecticut right now and the wind is roaring outside. They're calling for as much as 20" with 50mph wind. I was planning on doing some donuts in a parking lot nearby before the snow got deeper than my front bumper, now I'm just sitting by the fireplace. Anyone else snowed in?

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
We, Baltimore, MD, were told 8 inches to a foot. Thus far the official tally is .5 inches. Tonite will bring a inch of less but that's all we've been hit by. Winds here are hitting 40+ tho

I've been told that further down south there has been havoc as they got more snow and the infrastructure to clear the snow is minimal as it rarely happens. Some counties only have 1 truck capable of clearing roads.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
nowfeaturing_reindeerbites_bom2.jpg

I saw a piece or two of hail at my house last week in so cal. Then the sun cam out and melted them like a champ! hahaha

But been talking to my friends back on the east coast (Boston and NJ) and they're all snowed in. Several feet already :eek:

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Here in Northern Virginia we dodged a bullet. Snowed for a good part of the day, but it was extremely light and there isn't any measurable snow in our area.

The driveway was dusted, but the winds blew it away.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Here in Northern Virginia we dodged a bullet. Snowed for a good part of the day, but it was extremely light and there isn't any measurable snow in our area.

The driveway was dusted, but the winds blew it away.

Barely. The street my house is on is COMPLETELY clear.

The street behind my house (the..main road of our neighborhood), is lighty...very lightly dusted.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Was a pain in the ass to shovel, the wind was blowing eveything right back...into my face.

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
Didn't get it too bad here in upstate NY. It's been really windy all day, but we only got a few inches of snow, maybe 3 at the most. It's already over, and looks like it is going to warm up in the next few days to melt it all.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Here in the UK we got the snow a few weeks ago. Most of it has melted now though.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
NYC got pounded by 2 feet of snow. We're still digging out and the snowplows never came through in the suburbs...:(

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Reminded me of the 1978 storm. We knew it was coming but when cars, buses and trucks are abandoned all over the place, there is nothing the snow plows can do.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
The streets were pretty clear of cars and stuff in Rhode Island. Everyone made it home in time. I did see a RIPTA bus across part of the highway. There's a small island for one exit, and the right rear wheels where on the wrong side. :rolleyes:

I got lucky with my driveway, as the wind kept about half of it clear. There is a nice pile next of snow to my bedroom window. It started as about a 4 foot drift, and I put another 18 inches on it. It'll be an igloo when I get back. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.