Blizzard Weirdness on my new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMacFarlane, Jul 1, 2012.

1. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Just looking to see if anyone else is seeing this stuff:

Warcraft III - Runs fine, but most of the menu elements are 'shadows', and make the game difficult to play.

Starcraft II - Runs beautifully, so lush, so fast. I'm used to running it on my 2009 iMac, this new baseline Macbook pro makes the game run like butter. But, the reported framerate is between 15 and 20. I know this is false, because my iMac used to report 30 to 40, and the game was choppy here and there. This computer runs it with higher details, glassy smooth framerate. But the game reports 15 to 20 fps. Weird?

Diablo III - No data, don't own it. Yet. How does the game run for those of you out there who have the new 2012 baseline Macbook Pro?

2. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Warcraft III - Does not run well with the newer Intel video options; the menu corruption is a known issue since the HD3000 (no fix planned).

Starcraft II - Your iMac had a dedicated video card. Your Macbook Pro has an integrated Intel chip. Though more powerful than the previous generation (HD 3000), it's not powerful enough to play in high settings. Even medium is questionable.

Diablo III - Kotaku noted some time ago that the beta ran fine on their Macbook Air. This being said, and with all of the rave this game gets, your internet connection is the only thing likely to keep you from playing this game. On Low-Medium settings, you can pull out somewhat acceptable frame rates.

3. iMacFarlane thread starter macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah I thought Warcraft III was becoming a lost cause.

What I noticed is that Starcraft II is running better than it had on my iMac, dedicated GPU or not. It's buttery smooth on this thing. What was weird was the low reported framerate. It's OBVIOUSLY running much faster than 15 fps. I've seen 15 fps before, and this ain't it.

And Diablo III. I forgot about the whole internet thing, that's actually why I haven't bought the thing yet, and it looks like that will be the thing that actually keeps me away for good.

Thanks again for the info.