Blk Macbook C2D and Beer?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hellion, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Hellion macrumors member

Hellion

:confused:Ok, so lets start this story... About 2 weeks ago a friend of mines spilled a beer over my Macbook. Corona for those of you wondering. It was on. I didn't realize it until maybe about 30 min. later when I asked what happened to the music and other friends were like oh yea, so and so spilled a beer over your computer. I got it, turned it upside down and I mean beer was &*(^& pouring (about 3 secs) then dripping (while I shook it like mad for a few minutes). I just put it in a V and left it upside.... Now fast forward about 1 week. I tried powering it up and nothing, but did not give up. Battery is still good. But, what does happen is, if I just leave it plugged in with either battery or charger in, it just randomly comes on by itself. I don't think the power button is shot, cause when it does load up, and I press it the "are you sure...." comes up. So, I know there is short going on somewhere. Anyone got any ideas on what's going on?
    I can use the Macbook, with NO problems once it's on. Hell you won't even know something was wrong with it, other than the brewery smell. Problem is once it shutdown, I just have to hope it will turn back on when I take out the battery and plug and put them back on. And, thats whats been going on for the week that I have been using it.... I'm using it right now.. :) Please any ideas....... I know its good, just gotta figure out why it won't turn on when it completely shut down when I press the power button.....
    Thanx for any suggestions on where to start looking...:confused:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Open it up and put a fan on it to try to dry it out some more. Or just don't ever turn it off.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yup I agree with the poster above... Just use the SLEEP option, and don't ever turn it off..

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Open it up and use a damp cloth to wipe the beer out....I'm sure there are some still sticking on your MB...

5. Hellion thread starter macrumors member

Hellion

The sleep option for the screen is ok, but not for the drive. Once it goes to sleep, its a gamble. I have opened it up, but just don't really know where to start with it. The only part that seems to be a bit sticky/dirty is the part where the keyboard connects to the MB. I have cleaned it, but still same thing. I know this has gotta be a somewhat of a easy fix, but what? I already go ordered a refurb. Unibody 2.0 ($1099) about 1 hour ago from Apple.com.

All else fails, this will end up on the bay!

But, I just like my Blk Macbook period. Other than that LED instant on Screen and faster video, would it just had been better to get the 2.4 Blk Macbook ($1049)?