Blk MacBook vs. MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mjfarsi, Oct 20, 2010.

?

What should I do?

  1. Keep my MacBook Pro

    2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Take the MBP back, keep my blk MB and wait for new MBP

    3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Take the MBP back, and buy the new MBA

    4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. mjfarsi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2005
    #1
    Hello,

    I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. Recently I broke the screen on my
    -Black MacBook- Specs: Core 2 Duo 2 GHz - 2 GB Ram - 120 GB HDD

    So last week I purchased a MacBook Pro in the interim while I was having it repaired, although I was weary due to the fact that the 13" MacBook Pro isn't much of an upgrade, and I thought they were going to come out with new ones soon.

    -MacBook Pro's- Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz - 4 GB Ram - 250 GB HDD

    Today, they released the new MacBook Air's. I can return my Macbook Pro with no restocking fee. I am considering the:

    -MacBook Air 13 inch: 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor- 2GB memory - 128GB flash storage

    Do you think I should :

    1- Keep the MacBook Pro
    2- Take the MBP back and keep my old black MacBook and wait for new MBP
    3- Take the MBP back and buy the MacBook Air

    I am not in a super rush to get a new computer, but I have noticed the black macbook is getting a little slow. I have about 90gb filled up too.

    Just wanted to see what everyone thinks or if there are any speed test comparisons of the new MBA and the MBP?

    Thanks!
     
  2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

    lilcosco08

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dayton
    #2
    I'd wait for the next refresh

    sandy bridge
    usb 3.0
    sata 6gb/s
    battery life increase
    +likely screen resolution bump

    That would make it worth it imo
     
  3. mjfarsi thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2005
    #3
    Thanks for weighing in... any idea on when the new one will be?
     
  4. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

    lilcosco08

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dayton
  5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Location:
    Terra
    #5
    I hope you're implying that you're hoping these things will be there, not that they will be. Many of them are not likely to be in the next refresh.

    Whatever you decide to do, don't get the MacBook Air. It's not designed to be a primary computer and will not do well as one.
     
  6. mjfarsi thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2005
    #6
    Poll is dead even right now, but I think I'm ruling out the MBA...

    That being said. I basically have a 3 y/o black MacBook.... thinking about either going with new MacBook Pro. Buy now or wait?
     

Share This Page