Blk/white static screen after deep sleep... what is going on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AutoUnion39, Jul 22, 2014.

1. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I've been noticing recently that on my rMBP (post deep sleep), I open up the laptop and I immediately get a white screen and black static and it sticks for a few seconds.

After that, the regular login screen loads up and I can log back into my account.

What is going on? I've never had this issue before. Last time, I noticed static on my rMBP, the entire top-case had to be replaced.

2. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

3. kittencounter macrumors member

I always think its perfectly normal. The macbook needs few secs to load the data from the hard drive after a deep sleep since it doesn't have it available. It would be wrong to show you the log screen immediately. It's awake...it just doesn't have anything to show you ..yet. I guess they could make a loading screen but it would be too much for the "apple minimalism" :D

4. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

I suggest you take it to an Apple Store, as a precaution. This could be a graphical error.

5. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Thought I would update this thread...

This non-sense wouldn't stop happening last week, so I took it into the genius bar. Another screen replacement, but this time, I'm stuck with an LG screen over my last Samsung screen. Sucks...

Hopefully, this breaks again, so I can get another Samsung screen.