Bloat Free Burning Application :O

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Debojyoti Das, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Debojyoti Das macrumors newbie

Debojyoti Das

Hello Everyone,

I am in search of a bloat free burning application free or paid. That said, here is my complete list of needs :)

# What should be present :

¤ Decent CD/DVD burning application that works with MacBook Pro. Blue Ray is unnecessary for me

¤ Can seamlessly burn multi-session discs.

¤ Should run smoothly on Snow Leopard.

# What I DON'T NEED :

¤ Application bunded with Photo, Video, Pdf viewer etc. And any other bloat crap. I JUST NEED A DISC BURNING UTILITY.

Well I have seen LiquidCd satisfy my needs, anybody used it?

Do comment ;-)

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Try Burn. Heard nothing but good things about it, it's free and lightweight. Haven't used it personally, but sounds like it might fit the bill.

jW

3. Debojyoti Das thread starter macrumors newbie

Debojyoti Das

wow ! Extremly good suggestion. Any more of it other users?

4. Debojyoti Das thread starter macrumors newbie

Debojyoti Das

between, Great icons on your page. Loved it.

5. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Hey Mal

There is a bug with one of your icons located on your webpage.

I believe you used "Img2icns" to make your icons. Img2icns adds the extension ".app" to the custom icon config files.

When your icons are deleted by someone using an app uninstaller, such as AppCleaner or TrashMe, the "Book" icon (because of its extension Book.app) is causing the app uninstaller to inappropriately attempt to move items related to AddressBook to the trash as well.

Just thought I would let you know. An easy fix would be to name that icon something else.

6. reubs macrumors 68000

I use Disco. I got it in a bundle package a while ago, and it works well enough for my needs. If Burn is freeware, though, go with that.

7. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

Toast v7, off eBay if you have to.

A dream on 10.5, but I don't burn that much in 10.6. I've heard others use Toast v6 and even Toast v5. All you really need is the serial that comes with your copy, the "update" downloads are usually the full app (drag and drop install). Of course, don't bother with all the other clutter that comes on the disc, although Spin Doctor is great for ripping any vinyl or MC you may want to migrate to iTunes.

8. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Another vote for Disco. Lightweight and perfect for what one would want it to do.

9. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I love Burn! Super simple, no extra junk, just burn and go.