Block No-Caller ID Numbers

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by -BigMac-, May 24, 2014.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

2. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Unfortunately I don't think so , I would love it too .

On my land line I have something called Stop Secret , when the number is hidden , the caller is asked his name and then my phone rings and asks if I want to take the call or not. The same kind of feature would be great on a cell too .

3. rtolboom macrumors member

You do realise that you will also be blocking calls from a hospital... Hospitals usually call without caller ID.

4. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

I'd rather miss one call from a hospital than receive 10 every single day from telemarketers. I honestly don't know how they stay in business. Do people really give money to cold callers? Really?!

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

And why the government makes NO attempt at all to enforce do not call lists. Many of these callers are large companies that make these calls to thousands and thousands but no one enforces laws.

6. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

7. qweenapps macrumors member

Yeah keeps annoying me as well... if there would be a setting for this..

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Good idea. Plenty of time to say goodbye at the cemetery.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting, I would have to say that at least 95% of telemarketing calls I've gotten over the years have come in with actual numbers, generally just with random area codes and so forth.

10. AX338 macrumors regular

AX338

Originally I thought you couldn't do this because of your network, then I found on the Samsung Galaxy Note you can do this and even specify ranges of numbers EG all numbers starting 01234....if there is a specific area code you dont want cals to come from.

So if this is actually a phone function it really should be adopted by Apple....they do need to catch up.

11. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Yeah, it's a phone function.

There's lots apple could do that's come up before. Currently you can only proactively block contacts and not any number you want. There are workarounds a but yeah, apple need to improve this area.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can also block numbers that are not in your contacts.

13. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Block No-Caller ID Numbers

Sigh, was hoping I could describe the shortcomings in shorthand but clearly not.

You can block non-contact numbers in your recents, but you can't block numbers *PROACTIVELY* using Settings > Phone > Blocked

There are workarounds, of course, but, once again, apple could improve this area.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, there are definite improvements that can and should be made to the usability of this as well as various other features.

15. tinktink09is macrumors newbie

Depending on the carrier, you can purchase a feature that helps with what you're looking for. I know that T-Mobile has the feature for around $4.00 per month. I personally have AT&T, but I've not verified that they too have a feature as such.