Block noise: Best way...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mamcx, Apr 9, 2008.

1. mamcx macrumors regular

I'm a developer (currently not a MAC one, if anybody wanna give me a mac, I can solve it ;)) and in my current house where I work the outside is very loudly.

I can't move by now, but wanna reduce the noise levels.

I know about noise canceling devices, but wonder which is the BEST way to reduce noise. The problem is that in the night the noise is high, bastard people around!.

My budget <US 300.

2. nathanjbrown macrumors regular

Ear Plugs...No, Really!

I work for a company that makes high-end consumer noise-reducing headphones. Noise-reducing headphones are a luxury product...The goal is to provide the user with the best possible balance of comfort, noise reduction, and audio quality.

With that in mind, the best way to reduce noise - provided you don't need audio headphones - is to purchase a high-quality set of ear plugs...Particularly considering the fact that noise-reducing circuitry doesn't do so well with quick/loud/shrill sounds (i.e. dogs barking, jackhammer, etc).

Wany luxury? Desire that "balance?" Spend your entire $300 budget on a noise-reducing headphone...But be sure to compare them first! Get the wrong one and you'll suffer (don't underestimate the importance of a comfortable fit...Particularly if you'll be wearing them for extended periods of time).

I hope that helps...If only a little bit.

All the best.

Nathan

3. mamcx thread starter macrumors regular

Any specific suggestions?

I wonder if can work the kind used in airport for traffic controls...