Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I block from my iphone a number and it says that even the imessage and facetime will be blocked. Yea only to my iphone because i get imessages on my ipad or mac...is this as intended?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I block from my iphone a number and it says that even the imessage and facetime will be blocked. Yea only to my iphone because i get imessages on my ipad or mac...is this as intended?

I'm pretty sure that feature is for phone calls which should only block calls to your iPhone.
I have used block the caller on my iPhone and it does work but those particular sales calls do not follow up with iMessages.
If the people you're trying to block are using an iPhone and they follow up with imessages then probably icloud it will allow the messages to go through.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010

You would need to block from within those specific devices. Your preference settings aren't magically carbon copied over.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You would need to block from within those specific devices. Your preference settings aren't magically carbon copied over.
Is the blocking not done on Apple ID level for iMessages/FaceTime at least? Or still just on (per-)device/level?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.