Blocked Application - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tmsn11, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Tmsn11, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

Tmsn11 macrumors newbie

Hello There!

Backstory: So basically three years ago I bought a macbook computer off the school, understand this I BOUGHT it. It is legally mine. And a few days ago when I tried to use the "Screen Sharing" application it came up with a pop-up saying "You are not authorised to do this". So I thought this was a bit odd and so I tried a one or two other applications and they have roughly the same popup. I just want to know a way to bypass this due to the fact that I NEED Screen-share. Anyways any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: IT department was unwilling to help me, any help would be much needed.

Attached Files:

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact the school. School has an IT department that can help you.

3. Tmsn11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump.

Edit: IT Department was unwilling to help, any further help would be appreciated.

4. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

When you say you 'bought' the machine from the school - I'm guessing it's a school owned machine that essentially you are leasing from the school until you leave, and that is when ownership is transferred to you. In the terms of the leasing agreement it probably says something to this effect - so no, the IT Department are the only people who can remove the restrictions. Why do you 'NEED' screen sharing? Would Teamviewer not do the same task?

5. Tmsn11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Your assumption here is incorrect, apologies if my wording wasn't correct but we bought it "through" the school. It is my computer, the school has no legal rights to it in the slightest. Also, Screenshare is just one of around 3-4 applications that are perfectly harmless, and yet are blocked. Again, anyone with an answer would be welcome...

6. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

Are you still attending the school?

7. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

What OS are you running?

I would suggest a clean reinstall of the OS; I'm guessing it still has all the previous administrators and permissions from being a school computer.