Blocked callers still call me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sparklebuns, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Sparklebuns macrumors newbie

Spam calls still come through, even though I have them blocked. I have checked their numbers in the list, they are there, yet they still call.

I have saved them all into a contact, blocked that contact, they still call.

Is there something I need to change on my phone to stop these calls? The same number calls multiple times per day.

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Some things you can do:
    Put yourself in the Don't-Call list & Report it: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0108-national-do-not-call-registry
    and
    Use a silent ringtone for that contact.
    Call your carrier to see if they can block them for you.

3. desertman macrumors 6502a

The same is happening to me - at least one contact that is in the "Blocked" list of my iPhone 4S is still able to call me.

I am wondering that this post did not get more answers. Is nobody else blocking numbers from the various spammers that are harassing us?

Please note that I am not interested in getting to know about the Do Not Call list or that I could contact my carrier - that is not the topic of this post. I would like to know why the iOS 8 call and message blocking feature is not working and how I can fix that. Thanks.

4. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Anyone figure this out? My spam caller list had always worked in the past but recent calls have been coming through.

5. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

My blocked spam call list is very long . Unfortunately spammers change numbers all the time , sometimes only a couple of digits.
    I use a silent tone and no vibrate .

6. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

The caller ID shows up on the display as "Spam Caller" which is what I named my block list. I assume this means the number they used was already a part of my list. Maybe there is a limit to how big any specific contact can be before the blocking stops working?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

So you are sure that number is part of that contact? And that that contact is listed as a blocked contact?

8. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I wouldn't say it's blocked but with a silent ringtone you will not get disturbed . I also set to my spam call list vibrations to none

9. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

how does one get a blocked caller list and put that list into the iPhone?