Blocked mailbox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lanie, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Lanie macrumors newbie

Hi all!

I have a problem with my mailbox. I have a Macbook and sometimes when I receive a large email, like more than 1 MB, I stop receiving emails. It seems as if my mailbox is blocked. In the past, when this happened I would log on to my PC at home and it would download all the emails from my mailbox up to the last email I received on my macbook (the large one that caused the block) and then when I open my mail on my macbook again, I can receive emails again. Unfortunately I don't have a PC at home anymore to use this method to unblock my mailbox. Does anyone have advice how I can unblock my mailbox on my macbook without having to open my mailbox on another computer?

Lanie

2. Lanie thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

This would happen to me from time to time with Outlook. It's usually an email that is "too large" for the pop-server to handle. The best thing to do is use your webmail interface to access your account and send it to your trash but don't permanently delete it. Once the other mail is downloaded to your inbox, try moving it back when it's on its own. If that doesn't get it to download, you're either going to have to read it from the web or go back to the PC, I'm afraid.

One other possibility is to check out alternate email apps. One that is specifically designed to bypass the size limitations of Mail is Pando. Read through the site and check around to see if this is something you can work with.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool: