Blocked number and texts through bite SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snyderkjna, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Snyderkjna, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

Snyderkjna macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 on the sprint network. I was having a problem about a month or so ago with a phone number that was repeatedly calling me even though I didn't know them, so I called sprint and had it blocked.

Recently, every time I reply to a text on my phone through Bite SMS (from the pop ups) the message will send, but then a new message box pops up with the exact message in just sent and says "message failed" and in the to: field is the phone number I had blocked???? And I am positive it is the blocked number because I sent a message just to see what happens and I get a message back saying this number is on my block list... I have this number saved absolutely no where on my phone and it's not copied to my clipboard... Where is it coming from???

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The way Sprint's blocking works is that the number is completely blocked. What I mean by that is that if you add a number to block either by calling Sprint or adding it on the website (in your account) that number cannot call you or text you, but YOU CAN'T CALL THAT NUMBER OR TEXT THAT NUMBER either!

It's a completely block that works both ways.

3. Snyderkjna thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that? I don't want to text the number... My boyfriend texts me and I reply to him and afterwards a new message box pops up completely out of nowhere with the blocked number in the "to" field.. I'm not trying to text the blocked number, my phone is doing it on its own... It's completely bizarre and I don't know where my phone is pulling the number from because I don't have it saved in any way shape or form to my phone... Never have.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I would suggest logging into your Sprint account and going to the "My Preferences" area. In there you can find the Blocked numbers list. Maybe Sprint added something additional, I don't know. Worth it to check though.

I've had a few numbers I added this way and I've never had this problem.

5. Snyderkjna thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you use bite SMS? I do.. And it's a new problem, it just started off and on this week.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, I am using biteSMS. Still no issues though. Just a thought. Is the Default Send Method set to Send via Mobile Carrier or Send via biteSMS? And is the Override Send Method your carrier plan?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try removing and reinstalling bitesms to see if that fixes anything.

8. Snyderkjna thread starter macrumors newbie

This is mine.

Attached Files:

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Try setting the Override Carrier Method to "Plan"

Attached Files:

10. Snyderkjna thread starter macrumors newbie