Blockiness of iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doju, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I just got my iPhone 4 today, loving the phone.

My only real gripe about it so far is that the 3GS has the tapered sides so the iPhone 4 feels a bit strange in the hand.

I've only had it for a few hours, so if I keep using it will it be something I begin to get used to more and more?

In all honesty, I think I would have preferred if Apple had the exact same design, but just made it as thick as the 3GS (who ever complained about its thickness?) and kept it contoured. Heck, it could have had an even bigger battery.

2. aohus macrumors 68000

3. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

So you want it to look like a 3Gs? They couldn't really pull off the same design and still have the curved back like the 3G/3Gs. I agree that the 3G/3Gs just fit naturally in my palm when making calls, but I've quickly gotten used to the 4. Plus I just think the design is much more elegant and professional instead of the plastic back of the older ones.

4. mattkowalski macrumors member

You'll get used to it.

Or at least I did. I got my 3GS out to put on eBay the other day, and suddenly didn't like the way that felt!

5. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

You're right. :)

Thanks for the input guys, that's what I thought! I'm getting more and more used to it.

6. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

It does feel a little weird in hand. You will get used to it though. I recently bought a used iPhone 2G to use internationally and it felt weird in hand after getting used to the iPhone 4

7. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

I really like the iP4 form factor compared to the 3G series. I hated the feel of those phones, and when I saw the degisn of the new model.... I had to have it!

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Why start another thread about this?:confused:

There are already half a dozen threads on this subject.

If you don't like the new design why did you buy the phone?

Return it and get something else that resembles a bar of soap or take a chisels to it and round out the corners.