blocking and unblocking calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by islandsnow, Sep 24, 2008.

1. islandsnow macrumors member

i normally do not like to show my caller id... so i go into settings, phone, show my caller id and turn it off. but when i do want to unblock my number with *82, it doesn't work. worked on every other phone i had before. does anyone else have this problem or know if thats how apple intended it to be by design?

the opposite will work though, if i turn on showing my caller id, and i wanted to block my number for a particular call, *67 works.

2. Doju macrumors 68000

Are you that unpopular that people won't pick up when they know it's you?

Jeez, just do the latter.

3. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

HAHAHAHAH SNAP!

4. islandsnow thread starter macrumors member

GEEZ. i'm just asking a question dude. you don't have to be an a$$ and answer that way if you got no clue. for people i know, i don't care if my number shows up. why do people have to always be so unhelpful and sarcastic when all i was asking was a simple question.

5. Doju macrumors 68000

Thanks Jonny. :p

Simmer down. By no means am I a letter A accompanied by currency symbols for asking a question as well (which it appears you did as well, no?). All I know is that, whether or not I knew someone ... well, I wouldn't know them had their ID not appeared.

It has its use - use it. If you're that peculiar that you have to sneak and disguise that you're calling someone (...) use the feature that you already said works.

Why do people always have to ask ridiculous questions and make themselves look foolish when all I'm doing is giving a simple answer.