Blocking certain 'Top sites' how?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Feb 24, 2009.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

So top sites seems pretty cool but what if you are at work and shouldn't necessarily be surfing and sites start popping up in 'Top sites' for your boss to become aware of?

I see no obvious way of blocking them.

The 'Safari 4 launched' post is growing so fast it made sense for me to post this separately.

2. petemwah macrumors regular

i'd just use the 'private browsing' mode when browsing those sites, that should stop them appearing. :)

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Would locking your History file do the trick without the use of Private Browsing?

4. MaTUC macrumors regular

The edit button at the down left corner could do the trick =S.. I don't know just a suggestion haha:rolleyes:

5. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Yes but if you keep visiting a site it constantly reappear meaning you will have to delete it again.

There should be some way to block sites from showing up in the first instance.

EDIT: There also needs to be an add Top Site button because at the moment we have to wait for it to become one of the top sites. All in all nice idea just not fully thought through.