Blocking phone # question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Glennster, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Glennster macrumors regular

What happens when I block a number on my iPhone? Does it go directly to voicemail or even blocks the ability for the person to leave a voicemail?

Is there a way to put phone calls only on do not disturb but still get text msgs and email notifications as normal?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No. You cannot block calls but not text.
    The call goes to voicemail but the receiving person never gets a notification for it and cannot go in and listen to the voicemail.
    It's as if they never called or left a message.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's no notification but as I recall there's a way to access these messages in voicemail (they are there in a special section/folder there).
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2017 ---
    Texts and calls are tied together as far as blocking goes. Emails are separate so those can still come through even if calls/texts are blocked. Another option is to set a silent ringtone for a contact for calls so it's not really blocked and just calls don't make a sound (although they will still show up).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info.
    I rather not be able to access them though:)

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a contact labeled "Blocked Caller" to which I assign numbers I do not wish to hear ring my phone.

The contact has a silent ringtone. The phone may light up but I don't hear anything. At least when I am stock.

There are other ways jailbroken.