Blocking Users

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bahlquist, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bahlquist macrumors member

Does MacRumors give users the capability to block selected users? There are a couple users who frequently reply to my posts, derail the topic, and make this forum much less useful to me. I am considering not posting to this forum anymore because of this.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

UCP -> Edit Ignore List

(You can't block off other users quoting your ignored users though).

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Please take advantage of your ability to report a post when you feel you have been been insulted, attacked or if a Forum Rule has been violated.

Every post report is read, investigated and taken seriously. If you, or any other users are being harassed or treated insultingly, the Moderators and Administrators would like to know and have the opportunity to deal with the situation before you choose to leave the site.

4. lee1210 macrumors 68040

lee1210

Just a note... if your fear is of a thread being "derailed", then your ignoring of a particular user may not help as it doesn't mean that others won't see their post and respond to it.

-Lee

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Quite true. I can't imagine how this could get implemented but I think the simplist solution is simply reporting the offending post. If the poster continues to exhibit such behavior, they will most likely be in contact with the mods

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you read the thread in question, you'll find the OP's desire to block the user is completely unfounded. The OP asked for advice, got good advice, then rejected it, as many in the thread pointed out.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Because you refuse to listen to helpful information?