Blog-like software suggestions needed...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Fleetwood Mac, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

For a section of a site, I'm looking to install something to keep track of news and upcoming events. It needs to be updated by a few people and be relatively easy to use for those updating it. Ideally, it would simple to add photos and other media. The most important detail is that I need to be able to integrate it seamlessly into my sites style (I'm a web designer, but I don't want to be spending days here). I also need to be able to pull post titles and display them on the index of the site with a link.

Suggestions for software, maybe a plugin/mod to do the post title thing?

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

wordpress is pretty good, but it is pretty hard to theme. also there is inblogit, which is more what you are after as you only put a few php snippets in your site and it automagically turns into a blog managed on the inblogit website with your username and password.

3. jonnylink macrumors 6502

WordPress is a good choice and I don't find it very hard to theme. In fact if you get a good theme like SandBox you can make your own theme by just messing with css. It does have limits, but it is a great skeleton to build a seo friendly wordpress installation off of.

That said, a new version of wordpress is due out today, so I'd wait for it before doing anything.

4. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

5. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing