Blogger vs WordPress

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by M@lew, Apr 13, 2007.

1. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I currently have a blogger

http://mattlew.blogspot.com

which seems to be ok. But I currently made a WordPress site just to see how it is.

http://theofficeofthoughts.wordpress.com

Which would be better for me to keep? At the moment I'm still customising the WordPress one, so when I finish this, should I stick with it? Or am I wasting my time since I should stay with Blogger?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've used both.

they each have their pros and cons. only you can decide which one works better for your needs/wants in the end.

that said, i think wordpress is better. and allows me more options.

3. islandman macrumors 6502

I prefer WordPress, hands down. It's easy to use, yet offers a lot of great options.

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I'm currently using both (for two different blogs) and I prefer WordPress. After some recent trouble with the Blogger blog, I'm seriously thinking about moving it to WordPress. The whole business of Blogger having to publish your content (via ftp) can present serious problems when you have a large site (i.e. a large number of articles) and you want to make seemingly minor changes to the template. Also, because WordPress is open source, there's a much larger community to draw from for plugins, themes, etc.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I'm a big fan of MovableType but WordPress has been gaining lots of ground. I hear setting up WordPress is about a million times easier than setting up MovableType.

jon

6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I personally much prefer wordpress, if you have some decent CSS skills and can work around PHP code you can make wordpress do almost anything you want. I found customizing blogger to be a bit clumsy in this aspect.

However not requiring a DB for blogger is a plus.

7. sthpark7791 macrumors regular

I prefer Wordpess for the interface and such. Blogger lets you put custom code without paying a price though :/

8. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I have used both and WordPress wins for me hands down. It is much more customizable than Blogger. Although one thing you don't have to worry about with Blogger: installing your own updates, unless you're using WordPress.com, the hosted blog.