Blogging on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bodhi395, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I was looking forward to using my iPad to blog, yet have had a terrible experience so far. First off, the visual editor in both blogger and wordpress does not work on the iPad for some reason. You can work around it by using the HTML editor, but it isn't the same. Also, you can't upload pictures to your blog from either website, given the nature of the iPad file system.

There are two apps for blogging that I know of, but neither is very good. The wordpress app hardly has any features and is buggy. While you can insert pictures to your blog from it, you can't really place the picture very well so its where you want it. The blogpress app is slightly better, but still buggy, and underfeatured. It also doesn't seem to sync up with drafts I had in wordpress, although did sync up with blogger a bit better.

Has anyone else had any luck blogging on the iPad, or has any apps i've overlooked?

I hope its just because the ipad is so new, and in a year all these problems will be solved.

2. PCClone macrumors 6502a

There are too many bloggers already, so we are happy about this.

3. ScrewTheDaisies macrumors regular

On my iPhone, the way I've gotten around the WordPress app's image placement shortcoming is to upload the photos to Photobucket. Then I grab the URL for the I age and use an IMG tag to place it where I want in the post. (This probably seems like a pain in the ass to most people, but it's the same thing I do when I'm posting from a regular computer, so it doesn't seem like too much of a big deal to me.)

(The WordPress app could still use some serious help, though.)

4. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Thanks for the review on blogging using an iPad. I am planning on purchasing a 3G iPad when they come out on the 30th and am planning on using it for blogging among other things. I was hoping that the blogging apps would be fairly decent considering the size of the screen we have to work with.

5. vw195 macrumors 6502