Blogging Website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JackT06, Nov 15, 2009.

1. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

Im looking into adding a blogging section onto my current website. Does anyone know of a good way to do this??

Can you register with a blog website and put a code on your website, so you can do it on-line and it updates your website??

If so, Who is the best people to provide this service.

Thanks

2. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Personally, I use Rapidweaver. The software has an integrated blog page
    that you simply drag and drop into your site. Then just input the labels and
    mess with the style, add CSS and your done. Really easy to use, and supports blog comments. I was using iWEB for a little while, but I found the RW interface to be more powerful and easier to use. It does have irritating
    quirks, but I have been using it for a few weeks now. Check my site out
    in my sig. Also really easy to add photo galleries and file pages etc.

Ohh adding to your _current_ site. Hrmm.. if thats the case I would just sign up for one of the current free blog
    providers and just link to it from your main page. Providing a link back on your blog site too.
    Or you could find a PHP based software. Might have to buy it.

If designing from the ground up, try RW.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

WordPress is quite popular and easy to setup and integrate into an existing site.

4. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

6. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Im going to download RapidWeaver and play with it tonight. Looked on there website and i dont know why but as soon as i saw it i thought thats the thing i need so fingers crossed it should do the trick :D

Does anyone know a free way for me to host my site form rapid weaver?

7. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

IMHO you can't go wrong with it, or wordpress. All I do is load rapidweaver whenever I need to write a blog, click on the "+" button on my blogpage and write it, embed whatever code I want (if you place pictures or embed video etc make sure you click on the menu and click on ignore formatting for theat highlighted section), then just click publish and I am done. It supports RSS feeds and all those other neat features. Wordpress does all this too, it's just I downloaded rw first : )

The rapidweaver forums are the place to go, go read all you can and you'll have it set up just nicely. Did you check mine out yet?

8. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Ye i download rapidweaver and im just playing with it now :D. Thanks for the suggestions,

Ye i check your site out, i liked it. You have got the kinda set up i want.

Once again thanks

9. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Okay i thought it was all good till i found out that i can only have a maximum of pages unless i buy it =[

10. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

No problem, message me if you have any questions. I just prefer having my own software to blog with rather than relying on someone's service. I also am intending to buy my own domain this year so I wanted the transition to be painless.

11. cray macrumors newbie

I would recommend wordpress and also a little program called artisteer.

Have both, use both and like both.

:)

12. star-fish macrumors regular

Nothing even comes close to beating WordPress at the moment.

Don't sign up at wordpress.com, instead go to wordpress.org and download it, then install for your site. Some hosts even offer one click installs of it, and it's completely free.