"Bloom"... one of the most unique music apps available!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by PhaserFuzz, Oct 7, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I'm a huge fan of Brian Eno, so I didn't waste anytime downloading this. I must say, it might be the best music creation app available.

Here's the description...

Developed by ambient pioneer Brian Eno and musician/software designer Peter Chilvers, Bloom explores uncharted territory in the realm of applications for the iPhone and iPod touch. Part instrument, part composition and part artwork, Bloom's innovative controls allow anyone to create elaborate patterns and unique melodies by simply tapping the screen. A generative music player takes over when Bloom is left idle, creating an infinite selection of compositions and their accompanying visualisations.

"Bloom is an endless music machine, a music box for the 21st century. You can play it, and you can watch it play itself." - Brian Eno

Highly recommended!
    Worth the $3.99

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

You should list the price, or if it's free. Cheers.

3. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Something can not be more or most unique, just like a chair can not be any more wooden; it's either wooden or it's not.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Unfortunately, something also can't be the FUNNEST thing out there. At least Apple has the most unique ad slogan for the iPod touch. :)

5. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

6. moopf macrumors member

Many thanks for posting this. Eno had a close relationship with the Koan generative music system and it's good to see he's still involved in that area. Definite buy for me :)

7. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Thanks for the heads up :) I just bought & downloaded this. Its pretty cool. And definitely very Eno-like!

8. ViPa macrumors 6502a

just bought this app..i agree its very unique..i love it!! definitely recommend it!

9. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

Read about this on Pitchfork - it's a great app. Reminds me a bit of Electroplankton for the DS.

10. automatickyle macrumors regular

I will be buying this.

Side Note: Pitchfork is a TERRIBLE site.

11. jblock macrumors regular

Not bad. A selection of the background drones would be nice, as would a choice of the solo voice. The "moods" setting merely offers different note intervals.