MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Bloomberg Game Changers, a new documentary series from Bloomberg Television that debuted last week with an episode on Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, will this week turn its attention to Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Airing this Thursday, October 14th at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, the documentary will offer an overview of his career and feature clips from interviews with a number of Jobs' associates over the years.
How did this college dropout create what has been called the most admired company in the world? This week's episode of "Bloomberg Game Changers" reveals the many layers of the intensely private Steve Jobs - from his style of leadership and management to his creative process.

From the start-up years in the Jobs' family garage to his recent transplant surgery and release of the revolutionary iPad, Bloomberg Television's one-hour special examines Job's early success and subsequent exile from Apple, his failure at NeXT, his redemption at Pixar and his triumphant return to the company he created.

Featuring interviews with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak; former Apple CEO John Scully; journalist turned venture capitalist Michael Moritz; Dreamworks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg; former Apple "Mac Evangelist" and Silicon Valley entrepreneur Guy Kawasaki and Robert X Cringely, technology journalist and former Apple employee.
Those unable to view the program on television should be able to view at least part of the episode through Bloomberg's site within a couple of days of the original airing.

Article Link: 'Bloomberg Game Changers' to Feature Steve Jobs

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
"Steve Jobs does not care what you think."

Yes he does. The most recent example is putting buttons back on the shuffle.

He wants us to buy his shiny thin metal iDevices, but in order to do that, we have to like it. A buttonless device that only works with <1% of headphones is not a good product.

But, anyway, the documentary should be interesting. Jobs' life/life story is fascinating anyway.

Comment

cowcaster88

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
NeXT was a total failure? How can that be since Apple bought NeXT? I know some of their early computers were not consumer friendly but they weren't suppose to be.

Comment

GoodWrites

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
Washington, DC Metro
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What us intriguing to ne is the incessant pigeonholing of individuals based on their completion or lack of completion of a college degree. I have an MBA, but I could have easily taught myself the same things. The MBA just provided structure and a timeline. Steve Jobs would have been successful at a degree also but chose a different path.
Good for him!

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
How cool is it that I just scheduled my DVR to record it from my iPhone. :D

Comment

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Can anyone watch Bloomberg online or do you need to have a US ip-adress? Doesn't matter to me since I've got an VPN but it would probably be useful for others.

Comment

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
Yuck

IMO, these shows almost always suck. They are filled with interviews with people we care nothing about, saying what a God Steve is. Over and over.
I'm interested in Steve Jobs. I'm not interested in what other people have to say about him.
It's almost sickening to watch the ass kissing that goes on.

Comment

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
WOW THERE SHOWING THE WHITE iPhone :eek: :)... didn't know it existed :rolleyes:

Haha, it is quickly becoming like a white rino! :)

NeXT was a total failure? How can that be since Apple bought NeXT? I know some of their early computers were not consumer friendly but they weren't suppose to be.

Not to mention it spawned the creation of the web and is the software foundation of every product Apple sells today! :cool:

Can anyone watch Bloomberg online or do you need to have a US ip-adress? Doesn't matter to me since I've got an VPN but it would probably be useful for others.

I wanna watch this too and I don't have TV :( Will we be able to see this online? Anybody know or wanna post it to YouTube for us then post a link? :D

IMO, these shows almost always suck. They are filled with interviews with people we care nothing about, saying what a God Steve is. Over and over.
I'm interested in Steve Jobs. I'm not interested in what other people have to say about him.
It's almost sickening to watch the ass kissing that goes on.

I would like to learn more about Steve as an actual person. What are his beliefs? What things are important to him in life? What kind of a family man is Steve? The things we don't hear about. I think that would be interesting!

Comment

DeepIn2U

macrumors G3
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Steve refined his prowess at recruiting the BEST individuals to reshape the computing industry with NeXT endeavor. in many ways he was able to see the industry changing while doing the NeXT episode - as I refer to it - and when Apple needed him most he returned and gave Apple the umph it needed with the hot injection of NeXT Step!!

I'm getting ROYALLY PISSED because too much media is focused on the web ONLY at USA users!!!

Some Next youtube flavour

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9dmcRbuTMY
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn3Ex-5dPAo

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.