Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Bloomberg Radio Comes to Apple Music in 120 Countries

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Bloomberg today announced that its Bloomberg Radio service is now available on Apple Music in over 100 countries around the world, including the United States, Germany, Hong Kong, and Japan.

Bloomberg Radio features global business and financial news coverage from top Bloomberg journalists 24 hours a day. Regularly scheduled shows include "The Bloomberg Advantage," "Taking Stock," "Bloomberg Law," and more.

For more than 20 years Bloomberg Radio has been known for its breaking business coverage, global news, market updates and interviews with economists and world leaders. As Apple continues to innovate with new apps and products, we are excited to be able to offer their customers new ways to engage with Bloomberg Radio and other Bloomberg content.
Bloomberg Radio, accessible via the Radio tab in Apple Music, is one of the few Apple Music radio stations that offers news rather than music. Listed in the "Sports & News" category, Bloomberg Radio is free for all listeners like other news stations. An Apple ID is all that is required to log in and listen.

At the beginning of this year, Apple stopped offering free iTunes Radio streaming and began requiring an Apple Music subscription to listen to radio channels. An Apple Music subscription is required for music-based radio stations, but it is not required for news-based radio stations.

Bloomberg Radio is available to all Apple users with an Apple ID as of this morning.

Article Link: Bloomberg Radio Comes to Apple Music in 120 Countries

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
And when will local radio from FM and AM in HD be available? Not that it matters but there are some good sub-radio stations through HD. Either way a lot of talk radio stations need more music and I am not talking about Beats1.

Comment

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I think maybe Norway has been omitted. All I can find is explore beats1
Maybe. I included screenshots in case they help.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.PNG
    IMG_0620.PNG
    293.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0621.PNG
    IMG_0621.PNG
    89.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0622.PNG
    IMG_0622.PNG
    203.5 KB · Views: 132
Comment

gwhizkids

macrumors 604
Jun 21, 2013
Its now being shown in the Featured Stations section. I didn't know Apple Music did talk either. Seems like they may be trying the same approach to radio that they allegedly have not been able to do for TV.

Comment

alayal

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
Thanks man! Looks like you guys have a newer interface than we have here. Here is what I see

In Spain we have more stations but any of them are news or sports, I think before there was BBC world but now is not available.

Comment

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Thanks man! Looks like you guys have a newer interface than we have here. Here is what I see
The interface change is because I'm running the iOS 10 beta. I'm not sure if you need to be on iOS 10 to see the news and sports radios though.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.