Blown away by 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiFinder17, Oct 12, 2014.

1. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Just a rant of happiness!

I have happily owned a 13" Air since 2009, first a 2009 model and most recently a 2012. Both were wonderful notebooks, and the 2012 was nearly perfect for me. However, I recently had the opportunity to trade my Air for a 2012 13" rMBP base model, and I decided to go for it. I am absolutely loving this new notebook! It is slightly heavier than the Air, although not enough to really matter to me. The battery life is in par, which is wonderful, as I had always been impressed by the battery in the Air. What really strikes me is the performance of the machine; the Air, once you started doing more intensive things on it (I played WoW on it a few times), would ramp up its little fan to insanity levels and get incredibly hot. I have yet to be able to do anything to this rMBP that gets its fans blowing audibly, or even really heats up the bottom of the machine!

And of course, there's the screen. I was in love with the 1440x900 display on the Air, but I like having as much working room as possible, so being able to keep my 13" rMBP at an incredibly wrist 1680x1050 is nothing short of amazing. Honestly, for the few times that I need a ton of desktop space, I actually find it amazingly usable at its native 2560x1600 :D

Anyway, just a rant about how a 2012 base 13" rMBP made someone's day.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Fantastic

Yeah I think a lot of us feel the same way...

3. jaenicky macrumors member

Its a great machine. This laptop has replace my ipad2 and desktop.
    iPhone 6 and 13inch rMBP makes my life complete

4. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I completely agree!

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I wanted both an iPad (Better bells and whistles), and a new MacMini 2014 for a while, but since neither one that I wanted was offered yet, I bought the MacBook Pro retina instead, and now think the same as you guys above. I don't need a new desktop nor iPad. :D

6. Mac2k4 macrumors newbie

If you say so :roll eyes: