Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lastnamesteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Hello!

I have an issue with my colors, and it happened soon after I installed the latest updates today. The colors on my screen are all blown out (the whites, grays, etc), and it makes it very hard to see anything.

I have a Mac Mini, bought it in 2011, and haven't had any issues until this afternoon. I installed the updates, clicked "ok" when they were done, and then left the computer for a few hours. I came back, and bam, the colors were so blown out. Could this have something to do with the update...or is that just a coincidence?

I searched around on a bunch of forums and didn't find any real solutions. I've tried recalibrating, going to "Universal Access" to set the contrast to "normal"...but nothing is working. And actually, I have it set to display "black on white" just so I can see this page and type this out.

Also, I connect my monitor (Westinghouse LCM-22w3) with an adapter through the Thunderbolt port. Don't know if that matters much.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

lastnamesteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Connecting the monitor to the thunderbolt is the Apple adapter...thunderbolt to VGA, I believe.

My apologies of that is wrong...I don't have a whole lot of knowledge of the correct terms. I use this thing for a few specific tasks (design & the internet), and I don't have a ton of indepth knowledge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.