blown speaker output?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RipleyIsAsleep, Jul 12, 2008.

1. RipleyIsAsleep macrumors newbie

hi. longtime reader/advice follower, finally posting in search of some specific aid.

just got a 17" mpb, 2.5 ghz intel core duo and i was monkeying around with my office set up when i unplugged and replugged the output jack on my mbp to my surround sound setup. there was a loud blast of feedback through my stereo speakers and now when i try to use the mbp output, it won't patch through to my stereo but continues to play through the mbp speakers. the stereo output was working fine before this unfortunate incident.

the headphone output works fine. i guess my question is what my next step should be. does the apple warranty cover this? i haven't picked up applecare, i unfortunately was waiting to activate that one. i'm wondering if there are any diy or quick fixes to this possible hardware problem.

thanks for any suggestions

2. shmutheprophet macrumors regular

'

You should be covered, take it in, or call for a repair.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

the headphone output and stereo output are the same thing, im confused..maybe youre trying to use the input jack?

4. RipleyIsAsleep thread starter macrumors newbie

wow. thanks squeeks. i guess i'm more of a noob than i thought. love apple and been on a g4 for the past 10 years - first week with a laptop. actually went to confirm in the mbp manual and, yes, you are correct, squeeks.

thanks for the subtlety of your reply.

5. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

Awwwww! at least it's good to know nothing is wrong with your computer!