Blows my mind that these tech sites...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MXChristian11, Oct 20, 2011.

1. MXChristian11, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011

MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

2. Macman45, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Page Not Found

Removed form CNN's servers...I guess they heard you....:D

3. mcmul macrumors 6502

It blows my mind that news coverage of technology is so shockingly bad.

... that's not even including the 'silicon valley reporter' Maggie for the BBC. Possibly the crappiest journalist and arse-licker I've ever seen.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Got It

It is a bit one sided, and mine won't be delivered until next week, so I can't comment on the "Hands on" side of things.

CNN have a large online circulation,and like to be sensational, You have to admit that everything they state in the article has been posted here too. It hasn't stopped us all buying the 4S in droves (me included) a less biased article would have been of more use, but I'm a "Must have" Apple guy. If it's that bad then folks will stop buying it. As a piece of objective journalism.....It sucks.

5. Locodice macrumors regular

If it means Apple gets their finger out and fixes the damn battery I'm all for this.

6. grovertdog macrumors regular

Don't believe the static. I'm getting 1.5 to 2 days per charge, wifi on, plenty of sms/VCs etc.

7. Locodice macrumors regular

I do believe "the static" cos my battery is crap

8. b24pgg macrumors 65816

x2. I couldn't believe the Find my Friends Cheating Wife thread made it to the front of Yahoo the other day.

The dude was anonymous, the Yahoo writer hadn't verified the story, and the guy had THREE POSTS.

Mainstream journalism is all garbage anyway...but that's a different discussion

9. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

I don't see what's wrong with it. :confused:

Is what they're reporting wrong or untrue? Are you mad at macrumors for hosting multiple threads that complain about the same issues? They said those 5 were the most frequent complaints about the phone...I'd have to say they're pretty accurate.

They also gave some context with this statement:
    So they're not really putting it down as hard as you might have thought. They're just saying it's not perfect. You expect "good journalists" to only talk about the positive things?

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Exactly, but say anything positive or negative about Apple = page clicks

Exhibit A

13. a042349 macrumors member

Wow - one look through these very same forums shows that these 5 issues may in fact BE the most common topics of complaints, comments and confusion.

I think CNN (for a non-tech site) got a good feel for what problems there "may" be. No phone/company is perfect.

Fanboy much?

:)

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

#1 on CNN's list was Sprints network, How is this an iPhone 4S issue?

and

#5, yellow screen because the glue hasn't dried fully yet. This is an issue that goes away in a day or two.

Again, these 5 issues are just grasping to have an article for page clicks.

15. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I dont use sprint, but people have been reporting that the iPhone is slower than their other 3G phones

And the yellow isn't a temporary issue. I've had this phone for almost a week now, and the color temperature is still a lot warmer than my launch day 4. It's not bad, but it does make the pictures appear warmer than they actually are

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

17. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Everyone's complaining about a weak battery. It really pisses me off.

I have absolutely no problem with the battery. People expect an iPhone to have incredible battery, Which they do.
    But when you're on the damn thing 24/7, Playing Constant games, Constantly sending emails/text, Constantly on 3G, Music Playing, Screen brightness up.

Obviously you're going to have bad battery.

/end rant.

18. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Haven't had any of these issues myself. My iPhone 4S on Verizon performs faster (in terms of network speed) than my Droid X on Verizon did. 3G seems to work really well for me around here.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's kind of dumb to have a list of 5 things and have one of the 5 things be something that they themselves even describe as something that goes away in a few days.

Really? That's a big enough deal to make the list?

They couldn't think up a top 10 so they settled for 5. And even then they had to struggle and basically put a problem in that they admit isn't a problem.

I'm not saying it's un-true, just saying it's pretty weak.

That's not what they're talking about. They're talking about glue-spots that do go away.

You can't give them credit for your screen issue. That would've made a better entry, but it's not what they picked.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well that clears that up. You have no problems, so no one else could. Did you have the cracking problem with the 3G or 3GS or where we all abusing our phones by putting them in our pocket? How about the antenna on the 4? People at fault for picking their phone up?

21. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

4% battery loss for checking some notifications for 5 minutes is not supposed to happen, no matter what your screen brightness is or if you're on 3G or wifi or whatever your settings are.

This part doesn't pertain to you, its for everybody saying it is a software problem, not hardware. I disagree. If it was a software problem with iOS5, it wouldn't be most people having a problem, it would be EVERYBODY.

22. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

This always happens. Regardless of what Apple releases, there will be them folks that just need to find something to gripe about. Besides, the more trollish their rants are the more people they hope to bring in.

23. juswest macrumors regular

How are batter complaints trollish rants? It seems that some are experiencing unusually bad battery life, and that should be reported. Stop crying.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

It's ridiculous to criticize CNN's reporting/writing about these "issues" considering there are hundreds of posts and numerous threads on the same subject here.

Where's the outrage with all the posters here posting this nonsense.

I bet if this were about a Windows phone or Android - so many people criticizing CNN for shoddy reporting would be Yahoo'ing it up that CNN was on the money.