Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Bought a BR to play a few DVDs. Not looking right now to download but just play. I have VLC, but, while the video played and I could hear the dvd, there was too much "feedback" type sound. Do I need another player? Thanks

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Did you try the standard DVD Player?

Or were these movies on Blu-Ray?

B
This was from a downloaded dvd sent to me. no copy protection or anything like that. I didn't add any BR players to my Imac, but thought if I wasnt downloading them but playing them on my new BR player they would just play through VLC

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
So if they are VOBs on DVD you should be able to use the native DVD player app. No?

B

Hmm. You are way ahead of my knowledge. The BR will play through VLC but the sound is horrible (like feedback). I did not download any software for the player, because I thought I read that VLC would do it. I can use MakeMKV to put it on my HD but just wanted to play it. I haven't looked at the software that came with my Samsung BD because I thought I read wouldn't need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.