Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juanbond

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
I have been encoding some of my Blu Ray Discs over the past couple of weeks and I have been surprised at how easy some of the big budget blockbusters have been to rip and how difficult some of the lower budget films have been.

My most recent attempt has been the Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum). The encoding through handbrake, however, isn't working very well. I can rip the film using make mkv, but handbrake is having major problems with the audio. From what I can tell there is an AAC track and an AC3 track, both of which are very choppy in the handbrake output.

Does anyone have any ideas how to overcome this?

Thank you in advance.

bijanm

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I have been encoding some of my Blu Ray Discs over the past couple of weeks and I have been surprised at how easy some of the big budget blockbusters have been to rip and how difficult some of the lower budget films have been.

My most recent attempt has been the Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum). The encoding through handbrake, however, isn't working very well. I can rip the film using make mkv, but handbrake is having major problems with the audio. From what I can tell there is an AAC track and an AC3 track, both of which are very choppy in the handbrake output.

Does anyone have any ideas how to overcome this?

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, I had this same issue and i know how to fix it. In MakeMKV, make sure that you are selecting the DTS-3/2.1 (core audio) track instead of the DTS-HD (Losless) audio track. The new handbrake nightly builds can only handle DTS-3/2.1 (core audio) and not DTS-HD at this time.

That should fix all your problems

brogan

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Oh man, I was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy! Thank you so much bijanm, your advice did the trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.