Blu-ray authoring app with full audio features?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by serr, Oct 22, 2012.

1. serr macrumors regular

Can I get a recommendation for a blu-ray authoring app?

I don't have any advanced requirements for video but I specifically need the full audio features including high res and multichannel surround sound (eg. 24 bit 96kHz 5.1 LPCM).

I cannot even afford to look at Sonic Solution's flag-ship product line right now. On the other end, all the affordable blu-ray authoring apps I've run across specifically have all the high res and surround audio features locked out.

Can anyone point me to a blu-ray authoring app that will let me author a blu-ray format image with video + 24/96 5.1 surround sound LPCM audio? And that doesn't cost $1200 or more?

Thanks

2. serr thread starter macrumors regular

3. serr thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. And their tech support agrees:
    "Sorry to say that DVDFab Blu-ray Creator for Mac currently does not support this. But we will consider adding this in the future. Thanks in advance for your patience."

4. boch82 macrumors 6502

Adobe Encore might fit your needs....I dont do much with surround sound, but get nice quality Blu-Rays from there. It says it supports 5.1 but you might need to encode the track before bringing it into encore

5. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Well, after a bit of thougt.....

I think the thing you want to do can be done with Adobe Premiere Pro, what includes Encore. Last thing I heard, that software costs $800 or something.
    But Adobe software is demanding in the hardware side:( :):apple:

6. serr thread starter macrumors regular

I have both of those. Maybe I just don't have the slightest clue how to use it? I'm a pro audio guy but clueless about video. It looked for all the world that high res LPCM surround was locked out.

I can add the video track. When I add the audio (24/96 4.0 wav) it reports the length as less than half of what it really is. (The audio file length matches the video of course.) And the app keeps trying to switch core audio to 48k which is of course incorrect.

Just for a sanity test, I can import a 16/48 2.0 audio file and the length is reported correctly.

I can't find any audio preference settings to help me.