Blu-Ray box sets or individual

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by appleuser15, Dec 23, 2015.

1. appleuser15 macrumors member

Hopefully this is the correct section for this thread.

I'm just curious, for those who still buy movies on dvd/bluray, for movies that have several sequels such as star wars or lotr do you buy the box set? Or do you purchase the films separately? Just considering because the rocky films are cheap at the moment and don't know if I should buy the box set or individually.

Thanks

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

3. Kaffrey macrumors newbie

Kaffrey

Just remember that if you buy a single film, you cannot then buy the box set at a discounted price later on.

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I go with whatever is cheaper, or if the box set has a set of bonus features I want.

5. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

If I can find the individual films used (and therefore cheaper), I'll buy then individually. Otherwise, I'd buy the set. Also, if there are special features in the set that I can't get individually then I'll buy the set.

6. ielessar macrumors regular

As you mentioned, I usually get special edition sequels on box sets (LoTR, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, etc). But for a few months now, I've been slowly phasing towards iTunes.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If I do not own any in the current collection, I always buy the box set.

8. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Box sets tend to be better price with extra features, however sometimes the discs are stored in pockets that people don't like it may cause some scratches by simple take in/out.
    Most nowadays include the digital
    copy of the movies. I just got the Back to the Future set and it does have the 3 movies and a bonus disc but only the movies are available for digital copies.
    Over time the box set can be found at a very low price.

9. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

This is the most frustrating thing about buying movies for the Apple TV. Why no complete my set? Even a small discount would be great. Why punish us for buying your other movies early by having us re-buy something again? Take for instance the Batman Trilogy for $20. I already owned The Dark Knight. So each movie in the set comes out to $6.67. If you can't charge me $13.34 for those two movies, then at least only charge like $15 or $16 to complete the sale. I'd buy a lot more sets if that were the case. Instead I only buy a few. Luckily the Batman one was already a decent price. It's even more ridiculous when someone already owns half the movies in a set. I hope they rectify this at an upcoming Apple event. Eddy Cue, do what you do best!