Blu Ray Burner

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gupsdad, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Gupsdad macrumors newbie

Need help: New to this site.

Have a MacBook, a Canon HD digital video camera and blu ray player. Up to this point I have been using iPhoto to download and burn my home movies. However with our blu ray player, the quality in translation from iPhoto to blu ray is "digitized."

What do I need to burn blu ray movies from my video camera to our blu ray using my MacBook. I have been online, read recommendations from LG burners to Toast 11. Review have been positive on LG not so positive on Toast 11.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge here . . . really need solid advice as I have movies to burn!

2. Gupsdad thread starter macrumors newbie

blu ray

I meant to say iMovie as it pertains to the software I have utilized to date.

3. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I know iMove has an option "hidden" to export movies in 1080p rather than the max 720p in the normal export section. This is the first thing you will want to do to maximize your resolution that is being burned to Blu-Ray.

With that said, buy a good Blu-Ray external DVD burner and download a trial of Adobe Encore and see how that turns out.

Best of luck!