Blu ray on macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gan6660, Apr 14, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I have a sony fw but i dropped it and now the power button broke off. Sony is supposed to schedule an in-home service soon but i dont think they will fix it. Anyone think they will? anyway it has a bluray player/burner and i would put it in an external drive. Is the macbook capable of playing them via bootcamp in windows? I posted a macbook pro thread asking the same questions but i planed to buy it in 3 years but since my current laptop is broken I would have to buy a UMB.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

My guess is that it would work in Windows.

I still have no idea why Mac OS X can't read/play/burn BluRay Disks? It seems like Apple would be on top of something like that. :confused:

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

OSX can read the disks, just not play Blu-Ray content. Steve has said its a "bag of hurt". I'm sure the actual reasons are much more down to earth.

5. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

That's BS... BluRay is the future and Apple should be on top of that. Look what they did with DisplayPort? Thats the port of the future, as is BluRay. I know all the licensing is whats holding them back but that shouldn't stop them.