Blu-ray Writer for MBP..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sleepyyellow, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sleepyyellow macrumors regular

hey,
    i got a late 2008 MBP and i was thinking of getting a external blu-ray drive, so i looked at some prices in my country and those external things cost freaking 500 bux, so i thought what if i just buy and internal one for 99 bux and get an SATA to USB 2.0 adapter. i just need the drive to write and idont really care if its fast or not i just need the big space for some stuff im doing.
    did anybody try this out? or is it even possible would the USB adapter be to slow?
    thanks for the feedback.

2. sleepyyellow thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i did look around but all those threads were not really exactly aiming what i was asking, either they were like 2-3 years old and lots has changed since then, or they were just talking about upgrading the drive and not really talking about if it works okay or anything.

the first thread was the best. i was just looking to hear about feedbacks from internal drives modded to external to see if there is actually a difference.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All the links had posts within the past year, 3 of them with posts as recent as last month.