blue and white case modding

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TESEV, Mar 13, 2008.

1. TESEV macrumors member

TESEV

In my ongoing project, my next goal is to see if I can't alter the blue plastic outer case (the stuff on the front, top, and back), the foggyish white panels on the side, and the apples in the middle of them. I already have everything separated and I have no intention of putting it back together until it looks different somehow. Maybe if I could change some of it from foggy to glossy or (ideally) clear (blue seethru would be very spiffy). Can anybody offer any suggestions or advise?

2. Roy macrumors 6502

Or you talking about a Corvette or an old G4 tower?

3. TESEV thread starter macrumors member

TESEV

???
    I'm talking about a G3 Blue and White tower.
    Well, it used to be a G3 but thats a topic for another thread.

4. Roy macrumors 6502

Yea, I have one of those. A G3 300 tower. The blue looked more like a bluish-green color, rather than the color of the G4 blue towers. The best I remember it had the letters "G3" showing through the translucent side panels. Behind the Apple Icon. Kind of like this "G:apple:3". With the apple being blue.

My best suggestion is to do what you want to it, then post pictures and if we think it's good, then we can give you some positive feedback. You got to impress us though if you want to get some artistic praise.:)