Blue "?" Box

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by klb028, Jan 26, 2008.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

For some reason, a lot of the pictures I try to view on Facebook give me this little symbol (refer to title of topic)... especially the pictures on my own page in their albums. I'm not sure what this means or what to do to fix it. I cleared my history, but what else can I do? :(

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

It looks like it may be a matter of privacy settings. Can you take a screenshot of said question mark?

edit: This is not a problem with your computer, but your access privileges on facebook.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This blue box Picture 3.png

That is the image failed to load icon.

Is you internet so at the moment?

You can clear your cache/reset safari usually kicks it out of being silly.

4. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's the screencap I just took:

[​IMG]

Edit: Also, I just took a look at my privacy settings and everything is fine.

5. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

by the look of the screenshot xUKHCx's advice should help.

6. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

My internet is actually pretty nice while I'm on campus (I'm here now). I was thinking about clearing my cache/resetting Safari, but for some reason I could've sworn a friend of mine told me that was a bad thing to do, haha... not sure why. I'll try it!

7. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I reset Safari and emptied the cache. I even retstarted my Mac, but nothing was fixed. :( I asked my roommate if she could view any of the pictures I was having trouble seeing on my profile and she couldn't either, so I'm assuming that the images are corrupt for some reason. I'm not really sure I understand why this happens as the pictures were fine a few weeks ago and I don't have the originals anymore. Blah.

Edit: I don't know what's going on here. I went to delete an album, and it allows you to view the pictures in the "Edit Album" view and now I can see all of the ones I was having trouble seeing before. BUT, when I go back to the regular "View Album", the little blue box appears.