Blue Camera Blob Fix

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rumorman69, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Hey guys. So I'm still on 4.0.1 on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately with my iphone whenever I take a picture of something indoors, light colors like white or yellow, cream, etc will show up with a blue/green blob. Does anyone know if they really fixed this with 4.1? Could someone post some before/after pictures with blue blogs on 4.0.x and no blue blobs on 4.1? Thanks so much.
    I haven't updated yet since I don't want to lose my unlock and don't have time to do the whole tinyumbrella thing yet. :D

2. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Shameless bump...

Come on guys, I'm sure tons of you are on 4.1 by now :( Any help? Thanks ;)

3. Orion126 macrumors regular

This was dependent on the type of inside lighting. For some people (like me) it was very pronounced. I was able to get a replacement back then before the issue was mainstream. Now they may chalk it up to being "within specs".

4. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. So does your replacement iphone not that the issue anymore or is it less noticeable? Do you not have blue blobs under the same exact settings where you used to have blue blobs?

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Just a few questions if you don't mind because I had what sounds like a similar issue, but no longer have it.
    When you took the pics where this happened, were they flash pics only? Did you have a case on at the time? And was it JUST with the rear facing camera?

6. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

No, I have the same issue with and without a case. None of the cases I own have any problems with the flash. Honestly, I don't know if the front facing camera has this same blue blob issue since I've never really used it to take pictures... So what was your issue like? When did it go away, when you upgraded to 4.1 or when you stopped using a case?

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I upgraded to 4.1 AND widened the camera hole on the back of my case and the white/blue blob issue on the rear camera disappeared. Can't tell you whether it was one fix or the other or a combination of both that did the trick. I never had the problem on the front facing camera.

8. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Good to hear. I think it must have been 4.1 that made the difference. I believe the small cut out made pictures become washed out with the flash, but had nothing to do with blue blobs. I'll see when I can update. Hopefully I'll manage to do so today.

9. ktang macrumors member

The green blob is still there for me, I think this has been discuss before and it seems like the majority of people with the iPhone 4 has this no matter what version you're on.

10. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Its like this because of the AR coating on the reflective lens I think

11. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Add a question mark and change the emoticon for the title- it's probably misleading many iP4 owners to come in here thinking there's a software fix.

And ftr- both my 16 and 32GB iPhone4's have the blue blob in the middle. My 16 is running 4.1 JB and my 32 is running 4.0.1 JB.