Blue Field Entopic Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Afro1989, May 2, 2009.

1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if anyone else has the ability to see this.

[link]

The blue field entoptic phenomenon or Scheerer's phenomenon is the appearance of tiny bright dots moving quickly along squiggly lines in the visual field, especially when looking into blue light (such as the sky)

it's pretty hard to see if your brain has never been able to process it, but if you stare at the sky or white space on your computer screen you should be able to see very faint white lines moving in short-bursted patterns.

This is a normal effect that can be perceived by almost everybody. Don't get scared if you see it!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's pretty smart, I did wonder what they were. Now... To get rid of these floaters :mad:.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

hey yea i see those. never knew what they were but now i do. learn something new everyday. that brings the "why is the sky blue" question to a whole new level for me:p.

4. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

vision is pretty interesting stuff. Google "hypercolumn" to learn more. We see, in a matter of speaking, in "pixels". That may not be the best way to explain it, but it's close enough for analogy.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

omg! i have been seeing those things fora while and never knew what they were..