Blue grain in dark photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaskingTape, Jun 26, 2010.

1. MaskingTape macrumors regular

Any time I try to take a photo in a very dark place without the flash, I get this blue interference in the picture and the video gets very flickery. Anyone else have this problem? It happens in any dark place. I just want to know if it's normal for this phone or if I have to swap the phone out.

Here is a sample of what I am talking about. Granted it was very dark in the room but i'd rather have a dark photo than all these blue lines. You will most likely have to view it at full res to see what I mean

Attached Files:

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

This happens to me using the front facing camera, not the main one though

3. MaskingTape thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm happens in both of my cameras :-/ It takes a few seconds for it to start showing up. As the camera adjusts to the light. Also in low light I sometimes get strange lines. Perfectly fine, borderline awesome, in bright light though.

4. magga macrumors regular

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's just noise, guys. That's what happens when you shoot low light at high ISO.

6. MaskingTape thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah looks like the same problem. Guess it's just the way the camera is. So much for better low light performance lol.

7. magga macrumors regular

Agreed, but the video shouldn't get that much noise and flicker that badly like it does towards to the end of the video I posted though.

8. MaskingTape thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I don't think that's right. It's doing it In barely low light too. I just swapped my phone, I don't wanna do it again lol.