Blue-ish home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Ok so I was at the apple store in the Sco for an hour and got 3 replacements due to various problems each had. I thought I had finally gotten a good one but when I walked outside I noticed that under the sunlight the home button has a blue-ish tint to it but inside it does not. I tried showi g a genius and he looked at me like I was crazy, anyone else had this prob? Should I try another apple store for a replacement?

2. Chanowitz macrumors member

Chanowitz

well just stop being a little baby about having the perfect phone just deal with it. I think why he looked at you crazy is because you left the store with your third replace and came back with it and saying that home button has a blueish tint.

-Cheers

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

wah wah wah no wonder he looked at you crazy, BECAUSE YOU ARE!!! your home button is reflective, so when you walk outside in the sun, you are going to see the BLUE sky in your home button!!! hmm ever think that is why? If I was a genius, I'd take a sharpie and color all over your iphone and say there its black now get the **** out of here.

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

OP, if you were to have turned your iPhone around (assuming it is a black iPhone 3G) you would notice the entire phone actually has a bluish tint. I noticed this on my phone as well. It has nothing to do with the sky, but I believe it is instead the clearcoat that is overtop the phone... Just my assumption, but I would say every black iPhone 3G has this "issue".

5. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

I dont like having a home button a different color from the rest of the screen, even the black part around the home button (not the screen) is black, if its the sky why doesnt that change color too? No other phone i have had has this issue so just because this one does i have to live with it? I spent $300 not to mention how much a month i think i should be happy with it, but thanks anyway:rolleyes:

6. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

+1, I noticed the first day I got it and up it up towards the sky. The whole iPhone is made of a translucent black plastic, that appears sort-of bluish.

7. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

It really isn't that big of a deal. If it was you would see tons of threads about it around here. The only time you notice this is when you are outside in direct sunlight, otherwise you can't tell. I have had my phone since day 1 now, and don't even think about it anymore.

8. Al2009 macrumors member

Nothing in life is perfect, be grateful that's the only issue you have. Take Care;)

9. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Blue home button under a bright sun: that's just how it is. Every iPhone does it.

On one hand, I almost want to see you ditch the iPhone for this reason though. Mostly because I've heard a thousand reasons around this forum for why someone is dissatisfied with the iPhone, but this would certainly blow them all out of the water for originality and pure anal retentivity.

10. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

The OP is obviously anal about his $300 iphone, but there has to be some serious issues if you have had 3 replacements in the same day. I think apple should have a rule of only 1 BS replacement, and leave replacements to those who need them.

11. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I completely agree. I hope that apple doesn't do any replacements for this "issue".

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Every iPhone is like the OP described. In the sun, the button looks different than the rest of the black part.

13. milani macrumors 68000

milani

The home button also turns blue under black lights.