Blue loading bar freeze

Discussion in 'macOS' started by marware, Sep 19, 2008.

1. marware macrumors newbie

Hi all, am new here. Please help me. My macbook pro always stuck after the blue loading bar at the start-up (at "Welcome to Mac OS X" window). The bar always finished loading but that's all. No login window or anything. I have tried leaving it for an hour to reach login window but no success there. I have an important project file and is due soon. Please, can anyone suggest a solution?

FYI, I have tried going to "safe boot" but so far, cannot even get the "safe mode". I have tried repair the disk and its permissions using the Install Disk. i am running 10.4.11. Please help.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

please start up your Mac in Verbose mode by holding "command+V"… what line does i get stuck on?

3. marware thread starter macrumors newbie

I restarted using Verbose mode and it finished loading. but now just blue screen. nothing else. what is happening?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Verbose mode shows the loading of the system like the kernel, system extensions etc. if you get past that and to the login window its a user issue. have you added anything to you login items that could be causing the issue?

5. marware thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont think so. for login applications, i got iCal and stickies. i did reset the login password when trying to solve the problem but nothing else. any other way u can think of, richthomas? please help.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im not sure sorry. you could try reseting your PRAM by holding "command+option+P+R" on startup and/or reseting your SMC by taking out the battery and holding the power button for 5 seconds.

if this doesnt work do a Google search for "mac stuck on loading screen" as theres lots of people who have had the same problem.

7. marware thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you anyway, richthomas. it still cant load. is there anyway to copy a file to firewire / usb drive without going to os x? i just need my project files and i can try re-installing os x later. please, any ideas are welcome.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you have another Mac the easiest would be to use Target Disk Mode to transfer your files. im not sure otherwise.

9. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you could also use Terminal if youre comfortable. i will give you some guidance.