Blue Magpul iphone 6 plus review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jeepik, Mar 4, 2015.

1. jeepik macrumors regular

Love Love Love this case.

I had the black and the olive green cases and returned them as i didn't like the colors. The blue stands out nicely

The fit and finish is top notch, although i do not know what the heck that notch at the top is for.

I have included some pics of the case with the Apple Leather Blue case, to compare the color and thickness

The color is bright blue in my opinion, but it works for me. I have the bodyguardz pure glass screen protector on and it fit just fine.

Highly recommend the case to anyone, i got a super great deal from Amazon on it.

Attached Files:

2. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

That Blue looks real sweet with the Black phone! :cool:

I have the Clear and Teal. See pics below.

The notch at the top is necessary, according to this review:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I freaking love magpul cases, I had a gray/olive colored magpul for my old 5S. Got a great deal on it as well on eBay. It is such a solid well built case, adds a nice feel to the phone. Even though I'm more into basic colors, black/white/gray, I really like the way that blue looks with the black phone. Looks good!

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

thanks for the black on blue photos, now I know what to expect. I even have tempered glass too, but no offense but I hate the cutout over the top of yours. Mine isn't like that (its a tech armor ballistic one)

Just ordered one in blue for $12, excited to see how this stacks up against NGP.

Played with someone's magpul on the 5 for 2 seconds, seemed intriguing!

5. cnick6 macrumors regular

cnick6

I have the FDE and the Olive Drab colors and while they were OK they were a little depressing. I just bought the Orange (again - I used with the 5s) and it's one of their best colors I think. It really stands out with the black color iPhone 6 Plus.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

I bought the Gray Magpul and kind of like it. At the time, I had a couple black cases and wanted to be kinda sorta different.

7. Viscerol macrumors newbie

I have the Magpul 6 Plus case in Flat Dark Earth. The feel is organic and grippy. The buttons give positive feedback with a click. That is all.

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have that blue also and love it too. Here it is on the Gold 6+.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

The light blue iPad mini magpul was 10.99 on Amazon so bought that too.

Doubling down

Oh man I'm excited for the dark blue 6+ looks good :)

10. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Love my magpul cases. Seems like they'll hold up well against drops and really grippy

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'm a huge fan of my 6+ Magpul case. What screen protector is the OP rocking in the first photos?

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's not Zagg glass. Zagg's is slightly different at the top speaker.

13. gohoomoa macrumors newbie

gohoomoa

I have the 6 plus in gold, what color will fit best for gold?
    This is first time i try magpul

14. jeepik thread starter macrumors regular

its the Old Bodyguardz Pure, i just put on the new one and it is a little bit different at the top

i think the pure is a little thicker then the Zagg, i have the zag but it covers less of the sides of the screen so i didn't use it yet

----------

My wife has a gold 6 plus and she is using my case today, i have to say the blue looks spectacular on the white/gold. much more vivid then on my space grey

15. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

I posted about this case a when it came out during Christmas time frame, it has amazing drop protection. it flew out of my hands doing a full on sprint and this wonderful case brought my phone out unscathed. And just a funny scuff on the case. I also had my original 6+ black magpul field case replaceed for free by Magpul, with a red one they offered me any color I wanted, but the were out of stock on everything but red and teal. So I just got my red one and it's gorgeous on my silver 6+ I posted a video on it on channel if you guys want to check it out but Magpul is awesome. Loved them since my iPhone 4s sorry about the long rant. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWwJLWQgHc

16. ricktat macrumors 6502a

I just picked up the blue too. $10.99 on Amazon...

Best under $20 case you can buy.

17. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Been using the black on mine now for about a month - still love it. I think the green is next.

18. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I noticed the ring around the camera flash isn't black. Does it interfere with the flash when taking pictures?

19. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I took some pictures with the flash in my clear Magpul. No issues.

20. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I've been contemplating for days about buying the iMos with the Magpul Field case.

How far does the edge of the lip of the case touch the curved portion of the glass?

Or does it stop at the end of the "plastic" trim?

21. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

The clear shouldn't have any problems. I mean the colored ones like blue and red. Does the lack of a black outer ring affect the photo quality when using the flash?

22. ricktat macrumors 6502a

This is the first case that has kept me away from my Candyshell Grip.. Well at least for a week it has.

Not as grippy as the CS grip...but makes up for it being thinner and lighter.

23. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

have you experienced any flash interference from using the blue, or any other colored Magpul case other than clear or black?

24. jeepik thread starter macrumors regular

Absolutely not

25. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I asked one of the guys at Imos whether the Magpul would work with the Imos, and he said that from the pictures he saw, it didn't look as if it would. The Magpul works great with the Aegis 3D curved screen protector, though.

Kristin