Blue Man Group

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ~J~, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Had never seen their show, but always heard it was a great time. So I go last night with a buddy... and it ROCKED! Just wanted to share the experience with everyone! If you have never been, or have been wanting to go... GO, you will love it!

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

where did you see it??

im seeing it for the first time in orlando for my girlfriends birthday in a couple of weeks

3. ~J~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Dallas. You guys will have a great time. Good date ;)

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have seen them 4 times before and they are very good. Twice in Las Vegas and twice here when they were on tour.

- James

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

awesome, we saw la nuba last year, and now that blueman group has a resident auditorium here we've been looking forward to seeing them

6. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

La Nuba was AWESOME! I saw it in Orlando Fl. At the place where they built the building for the show and man I have seen it twice there and both times it was a amazing!

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i think here is the only place you can see la nuba i dont they they have a traveling version of that show

i want to go to las vegas and see so of the other shows, like O and Ka

8. shecky Guest

shecky

i have seen it 4 times, including a few months after it originally opened in NYC in the 90's - its a brilliant show to be sure. one thing: make sure to see it when its a full house (weekend night, etc...) its much better in a packed theatre.

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Ian Pai, a friend of mine from my Brooklyn days was an originating founder (percussion) He of course is out making much more $$$ then I.:eek:

10. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I love BMG!!!

I remember seeing the original cast at a $h!ithole little theater in NYC. GREAT stuff. I saw that old NYC show twice, and saw them once in Vegas.

My recommendation: Sit close. Seeing the facial expressions really enhances any show.

11. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I saw them twice in Toronto before they closed up shop there. The first time, my sister got us seats in the Poncho Zone.

Not having any idea of what to expect, I spent the whole evening sitting nervously! Turns out we were seated far enough back to avoid any of the mess. I was almost disappointed!

The second time I went, I was determined to bring home a souvenir... so I bought the spin art! :D

12. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Saw it in Las Vegas. One of the best shows ever. They really involved the crowd.

13. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I saw them in boston. I thought they were absolutely fantastic. The whole production is so creative. I'd recommend it to anyone who has never seen it.

14. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

15. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Over the past 7 years I've seen them in Boston, New York, Boston (again) and Amsterdam (only a few months ago). I have to say that on each occasion it was exceptional. Even in Dutch the show was surprisingly good (I was expecting it to lose a lot of its humor).

I'd go again anytime. Too bad I missed the Rock Concert a couple of years ago!

16. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

there home is here in the las vegas strip [​IMG]at the venetian hotel :p

17. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Actually their "home" is in New York in a small theatre on Lafayette Street. That's where the show originated. Granted, the LV show is the biggest of all of them.