Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Is there a 'blue marble' pic that isn't centered on the US? Maybe Europe? I've never seen one that didn't include America.

Attachments

• 2222523486_5e1894e314.jpg
    2222523486_5e1894e314.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 154

UnknownMacNoob

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Why would you want anything other than the USA?
The thought of it is just rediculous.
Haha, on the real tho, that is kind of funny they only have the US.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
We see all the important countries there: The United States, Mexico, and Snow Mexico.

All we need to see now is South America, East America, and West America. Then there's Russia, which you can see from Alaska, so whatev.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit funny because it was posted on Independence Day? :rolleyes:

fily

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Am I the only one who actually likes the 2nd image a bit better? I don't know, it's just really nice.

fily

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
we're all snow mexicans at heart :D

Although I'm not upset, it is a very rude thing to say. We may not be a super power like US, but US Citizens are really the last people to mock or give other countries stupid nicknames like "Snow Mexican" when it seems the rest of the world hates US to be begin with.

It's like the most unpopular person in school going around calling other people names or making rude comments, yet he's still the most unpopular person there.

My two cents.

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
Although I'm not upset, it is a very rude thing to say. We may not be a super power like US, but US Citizens are really the last people to mock or give other countries stupid nicknames like "Snow Mexican" when it seems the rest of the world hates US to be begin with.

It's like the most unpopular person in school going around calling other people names or making rude comments, yet he's still the most unpopular person there.

My two cents.

Are you going to cry? It was a joke, surely.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA

My two cents.

Wait, are you calling us as a country the most unpopular country in the world?

I mean, come on, there's gotta be less unpopular countries than us (no pun intended). If not, why does everybody keep on migrating here (Illegally, and legally)

fily

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008

I mean, come on, there's gotta be less unpopular countries than us (no pun intended). If not, why does everybody keep on migrating here (Illegally, and legally)

No, no. We all know US is still one of the most popular countries to migrate too. I guess my example was a bit too "extreme". I just wanted to use a simple to understand example.

I will never sit here and act like most other countries are better, but US has many faults, but a lot of USers I've dealt with do act as if they have a silver spoon in their bum. I'm not saying that about any of you, but just speaking of past experiences.

Canada may not be the top super power, but we offer a lot, and I'd like for once for that to be noticed, is all.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
but a lot of USers I've dealt with do act as if they have a silver spoon in their bum.

I actually do have a silver spoon wedged up my ass. I've been meaning to make an appointment with my proctologist for a couple of days now.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

Impossible. Nobody likes the French. :p

@Fily: And again, the person who made the original comment (i.e., me) is Canadian. I think the country is just great, and I'm sorry if the original comment has caused any trauma.

I'm sending over a emogency trauma unit over to your house for counselling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.