blue scene prob on mac os x 10.10.3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by perlsyntax, Jun 21, 2015.

1. perlsyntax, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

perlsyntax macrumors 6502

I want to know if i don't logout of all my macbook pro app could this make a blue scene after i logout or could mean my hardrive?

I don't think it my hard rive i try to repair it and look good.:)

I got a MacBook Pro mid 2012 i5 with 10gb.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you quit any running apps first, do you still get a blue screen when you log out?
    If you log out (without quitting apps first) does your Mac eventually log out if you wait long enough?
    20 minutes should be long enough.
    If you restart to the desktop, then log out without launching any apps, does your Mac log out without a delay (or a blue screen)?

Have you tried reinstalling OS X to see if that helps your problem?

3. perlsyntax thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes i have reinstall it a few time same prob.But when i logout with all the app close i don't see the prob.I call applecare and told me to repair the hard rive and other things.This the only thing i have try to far.:)

IF i logout without quit the app that when i get the blue scene.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Likely you have one (or maybe several) apps that you use that contribute to your problem. Do you have any idea which app might be giving you problems? You'll need to keep track of which apps you have open when you get the logout problem, so you can try one at a time.
    In other words - is there one particular app that is not allowing a logout, and by simply quitting that app, all is good?
    Which app do you think is the problem?
    Another question: Even with the same apps open, can you shut down, or even restart your Mac (not just log out)

5. perlsyntax thread starter macrumors 6502

So it not not hardrive sound like it that good news.I was hopping i was right about it.I not sure what app it could be.

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yes, you may be challenged to find out which app is causing your problem.
    Here's what I would do, to take the mystery out:
    When you next logout, close two apps among those that you have open. Keep track of which apps you close.
    Try to logout.
    If the problem persists - close two additional apps, and try the logout. Continue, until your logout is successful. Now you will have two apps to blame. Quit just one of the two apps. If you get a successful logout, then that's your app.
    You can post back here with the name of the app, and someone might have experience with dealing with that one app.
    (keep in mind that life with a computer is not always that simple. I hope that you can narrow the choice to one app, but that may not be so easy. :D )