Blue Screen after Leopard Upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Chulo, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Chulo macrumors member

Getting a blue screen after trying to upgrading to Leopard. I've searched the net and all I can find as a fix is to delete the "application enhancer" files using the firewire boot up to another MAC. The computer I'm installing Leopard to does NOT have the application enhancer files and I can't find fixes on those who don't have these files. Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You might not have Application Enhancer installed per se, but the issue arises when there are older things that USE APE (I think the notable culprit is Logitech's mouse drivers) without expressly saying so.

3. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

I found the computer had a Logitech camera, I did a search and deleted all files dealing with Logitech...still get the blue screen. Can this mean the camera installed this unknown file working as the APE?

4. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

This is really frustrating :(

How do I get back to try and do an Archive Install or a fresh install off the Disc?

5. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Just put the boot DVD in, and then hold down C as you start the Mac. With an iMac, insert the DVD as soon as you turn on power, and then hold C for about 30 seconds.

You can also hold Option instead of C, and it will give you a menu of items that are available for boot.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup, hold C or option while you boot.

Hold C until you can hear the DVD drive is spinning, don't need to hold for 30 seconds usually.

7. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that, I didn't know that holding down Option while booting would do that.