Blue screen after setup (frozen), NEW MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pjosk, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Pjosk macrumors newbie

So I just got my MBP 15", first mac I ever had. After the initial setup I just get a blue screen with a mousecursor. What is this? Had it for like 15 minutes. How do you fix this, should I return it? Thanks in advance

Didnt find any other thread about this problem on the new MBPs..

2. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Either schedule a genius appointment at your local Apple store if you have one or call AppleCare and they can get it straightened out for you.

3. davidlv macrumors 65816

2 possibilities, bad hardware - you should take it in to the Apple store or call Apple care, the other case is a bad OS install, try booting up while holding the Command+Option+P+R keys untill you hear two bongs, that will reset the PRAM. If that doesn't work, insert the OS Install DVD, reboot while holding down the "C" key (option key is another method) and boot from the DVD, reinstall the OS. Post back the results. what you are seeing on that screen is a kernal panic, all too often the result of bad hardware, usually RAM or the HD.
    Best to call Apple if you can't resolve the issue easily.

4. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Waste of time, take it back to the store and have it replaced with a new one.

5. Pjosk thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I tried command+option+esc and I finally got to the desktop. Everything looked fine until I tried to install skype. Downloaded a .dmg-file and it's not recognized. Whats up with this computer?